Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nintendo Entertainment System, 10 Games and one cunning Game Genie

Nintendo Entertainment System NESIt seems the US version of the Famicom was quite popular. How very shocking. Anyway. You could find out what the fuss was all about by bidding on this lovely NES & 10 Games & Game Genie eBay auction. Seller ships within the US only and I would expect the bundle to sell for something closer to 50-55$. Oh, and all three NES Super Mario games are included, as is the original Legend of Zelda, and classics like Contra, Tetris, Marble Madness and personal favourite R.C. Pro Am

8 comments:

  1. Nice, I still think I have my power glove somewhere tucked away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that Power Glove. Was it as shite as rumour would have it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently got a complete copy of Final Fantasy for my NES as well as a manual for Dragon Quest.

    Hmm. Is it better to play these 8 bit games on their original system or play them on my GBA?

    I mean I have remakes of most of the FF games AND Phantasy Star games on my portable but I also have them on their original consoles...

    Should I play them as they were originally meant to be played?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that it deoends on the game, but can't be adamant about it. Anyway. I tend to be a fetishist when it comes to old hardware...

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to see you liked R.C. Pro-Am - it's truely a clasic game

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad we agree on such a monumentaly important matter. RC Pro Am was brillinat and hasn't aged a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was indeed complete shite...
    I did wear it a lot tho!
    It went well with some of my toy guns.

    It did have some random buttons for slow motion, rapid fire and a few others I can't remember. Punch-out was pretty damn tough if I remember right.. Lasted a few rounds, then decided this glove of power would be better used for playing war outside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're absolutely right. It seems so impressive for a toy... Oh, and thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete