Sunday, May 15, 2011

A complete Commodore 64

The venerable Commodore 64 remains the best-selling computer ever released and a glorious 8-bit gaming machine. What's more, it's generally cheap both to grab and to collect for, and this amazing C64 setup on eBay is a fantastic way to get started. You'll be getting the C64 itself, the necessary and bulky disk drive, a monitor, all cables and necessary bits, a cartridge, a primitive touch-pad (!) and a ton of floppy disks. Seller ships only to US addresses. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice set - got everything. I remember seeing ads for those Koalapads in Compute's Gazette. If I hadn't recently reacquired my C64 in a garage sale I might be tempted to get in on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I had only heard rumours of the Koalapad back then and was struggling to understand how such a device might work. And if I hadn't reserved a lovely C128 I'd also be all over this myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Pity he only ships to the US.

    Oh, read this post for some interesting analysis on C64 serial numbers and the real number of C64s sold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the keys stick, so every key press is like you mean it. WORK DAMN YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Donncha: A most interesting and -dare I say- rather convincing read. Thanks!

    @ Blake: (!)

    ReplyDelete