Monday, July 18, 2011

Sega Saturn NetLink Edition

The NetLink was the only way to (slowly) connect a Sega Saturn to the internet and enjoy the modern wonders of the world wide web, email and net-enabled gaming. Not surprisingly judging by its price and connection speed (28.8kbps) the NetLink more or less flopped and never even made it to Europe. To actually see what the fuss was all about and own this almost rare piece of gaming history you could bid on this complete Sega Saturn NetLink Edition. You'll be getting a NTSC/US Sega Saturn console, the NetLink thingy, a Saturn Keyboard, one controller and the software/cables needed to get things working. Seller ships to Canada and the U.S..

6 comments:

  1. I may be wrong, but I remember there was also a Sega Rally edition with an online feature to use with the Netlink. Then again, as far as I remember it only allowed to upload your best times on the net...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember reading something of the sort myself, but I frankly can't be sure. I was too much into loving the Jaguar back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, that's a soft spot you're hitting. My good friend's girl is waiting for a baby, so he's got to make some space in his room. That's why he borrowed me his Jaguar until the baby grows up. What should I say... it's so bad it's good! And actually, Wolf 3D is the best version I ever tried. Well, more of it here (if google can't translate it, just gimme a nod and I'll translate it in english!): http://retrogamer.forumfree.it/?t=56769620

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky person. Mind you, as already mentioned, the Jaguar did have a few select games, such as Wolf 3D, DOOM, Rayman and of course AvP.

    As for the forum post, well, it would look so much better translated on your blog. Google's translation is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would make a nice blog post indeed :) But as you probably saw on my flickr channel, there's more to talk about first (starting today, stay tuned!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to worry. I'm both tuned and patient!

    ReplyDelete