Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sega Mega CD Devkit

Now, this is quite amazing, for it is something I never even knew existed. But what is it? A weird Sega (Mega) CD modification? No, not really. What you see above is a development kit for the Sega Mega CD built in 1992 by Cross Products for Sega in full working order, that been completely refurbished with a new CD drive and new caps on its boards. The thing will also allow you to switch between regions, play NTSC/PAL carts, NTSC CDs and even change its MHz speed. You can bid on it via this Sega Mega CD auction. Seller ships worldwide.  

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That thing is a beast.

    I'm sure I read somewhere that the early Megadrive dev units were add-on boards for modified Amigas, seeing as they were both based around the M68000 cpu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see them early ones too, but I haven't found any yet. Also, I deeply and confidently disagree!

    ReplyDelete