Thursday, May 8, 2008

Philips Videopac G7000

Philips Videopac g7000The Videopac G7000 by Philips (a.k.a. Magnavox Odyssey 2) was released back in 1978 and was rather successful in Europe -especially in Holland- and Brazil. Find out more about this lovely 8-bit console over at Old-Computers.com, Wikipedia and this place. Apparently the Odyssey 2 Homepage might be of interest too.

For a chance at such a glorious console, do try this Videopac G7000 eBay auction that comes complete with all the cables, 2 joysticks and a few games. Seller ships worldwide. The Videopac G7000 usually sells for 10£, 19$ or 13 euros.

9 comments:

  1. Pretty soon you will find the first console made of bricks!!

    oh jeez, look at the time... and I have no artwork done yet..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on... paint man... oh and I think I've got something resembling a computer out of stone and strings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Greg Paula! Do you still have yours? I remember playing it with you very fondly! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhm... I'm afraid I never owned one... Oh, dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go back in time and play the Odyssey 2 with Greg Paula again! I'll never forget how exciting it was! I know I had a hard time while playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right... I could hear that story you know...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of this (Videopac GT 7000) for sale, in working contition, for sale. I will include all the games I have.
    I'm based in Europe but I will ship anywhere.
    Contact me at meta.correio(at)gmail.com
    Remove the (at) and use @.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you do a Google search for your name, and you never know what you will find. I am Greg Paula, and two anonymous posters here have mentioned playing the Odyssey 2 with me. I did indeed have an one. (I have it no longer, sadly.) Though it was never huge (at least in America), it was clearly superior to the Atari 2600, which was its rival at the time.

    ReplyDelete