Monday, January 24, 2011

Boxed 48k ZX Spectrum

It's been quite some time since the last ZX Spectrum that could actually be shipped worldwide appeared on Retro Treasures, and I do believe this boxed Spectrum auction should make up for this most heinous of crimes. The auctioned computer and its (complete) box seem excellently preserved and are accompanied by a few books and -above all- the complete version of The Hobbit, thus the boxed game, a playing guide and Tolkien's book. In case you hadn't noticed, seller ships worldwide. 

7 comments:

  1. Great auction, but it's very unlikely to see a boxed Speccy being sold for less than 50 pounds... I'd rather repair mine instead: after all, the box would only take dust in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why you could send it over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the good old Speccy. What a fabulous little machine it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'll watch this one with great interest....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Bob: Absolutely fantastic and very unique. I do consider my all time favourite computer. Well, usually I do.

    @ Charlie: So will I, actually. Think I should try and eventually grab all Sinclair hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. My parents actually got one of these (or probably the 16K version) for free for sitting in on some sort of timeshare presentation (basically just for the freebies not to buy anything). I was immersed in my C64 at the time so I didn't do anything with it and by the time I was ready to explore the Speccy it had vanished. Lost or sold in a garage sale or something - nobody knew for sure. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. A horrible shame indeed, especially considering the rarity of the 16k Speccy. It did run 3D Deathchase too.

    ReplyDelete