Friday, July 16, 2010

Pepsi Invaders (Atari 2600)

Pepsi InvadersPepsi Invaders cartridgeAnother legendary game has appeared on eBay: Pepsi Invaders for the Atari 2600. It's a Space Invaders variant commissioned by Coca Cola, where the rather traditional aliens have been substituted by the letters P, E, P, S and I, and players, using their infinite lives have to kill them all in less than 3 minutes. So far, so unspectacular. Still, only 125 copies of the game have been known to exist as it was only released -without a proper box- in a 1983 convention and given only to the 125 sales executives attending it. You can find out more about it and download a working ROM here  and you can bid on it here. Seller ships only within the United States.

9 comments:

  1. Bloody hell! Have you seen the starting bid? I think I'll pass on that one! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'll follow your wise example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic piece of history! Do you have an idea about previous values? Is that price perhaps legit? At 125 copies, trade show only, corporate branded, I can see it being in the ballpark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That said, I'm sure not buying it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truth be said dear Charlie, Pepsi Invaders carts have been known to sell for around 2000$, so I guess the price is more or less realistic.

    Still not buying it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO some research - There was a box :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually Anonymous, I did. The thing only came in a styrofoam thingy and not a box. Then again I'd be more than willing to accept more info...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello People, my name is rene ventura known as smokydntplay on psn,nintendo,and xbox360. i myself have discover a pepsi invader, i played it on my 2600 and it actually works and lots of fun, how could i publish this.?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not exactly sure what you are looking for...

    ReplyDelete