Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Atari 7800 ProSystem with 54 games

Atari 7800 ProSystemAlways thought the Atari 7800 was a great budget system, as it was both more powerful than the NES (though overshadowed by it) and fully compatible with the classic 2600 console. That must be why the thing is so popular with collectors and retro gamers. You can find out a ton more about the Atari 7800 via Wikipedia, the Atari 7800 page, atari7800.com and of course Atari Age. For some emulation fun try this link.

To actually own a 7800 you could try this Atari 7800 ProSystem & 54 games & 4 controllers eBay auction. You'll also be getting 2 AC adapters and all necessary cables. Games include California Games, Xevious, Double Dragon, Pitfall II, Ms. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong and Food Fight. Seller ships worldwide and the average 7800 (without games/extras) goes for an average of 35$, 20 pounds or 28 euros.

4 comments:

  1. I never liked those controllers you have to twist... Probably because I was overshadowed by the NES.. lol

    ahaha.. CORKER is my word verification..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but they are great for Pong my friend. Never forget Pong. Pong loves us you know.

    Corker. HAHAhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never will.
    I'm reminded of Pong evey time I play a little bit of Inkball!

    Inkball is a nice break once in a while and I can use my art tablet for the pen swipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. that analog version of Pong sounds so very analog indeed...

    ReplyDelete